A Brief Introduction to Dreams
Do you remember a dream from last night? From the past week? Month? A dream from childhood?
Almost everyone dreams 5-7 times per night. But whether you recall your dreams regularly, or on rare occasion, whether you are mystified by them or intrigued, your dreams are trying to communicate with you.
Through dream workshops, groups and one-on-one consultations, I help people learn to invite, recall, and understand dreams to gain insight and awareness about their lives.
Simply put, dreamwork is the way we interact with material from our dreams to help us gain greater understanding of ourselves and our lives. Anyone can use dreams to help them realize their full potential. My aim in doing dreamwork is to help people to access this rich inner resource, and to learn to be able to converse with their own dreams. You don’t need a special degree or a certain IQ level to work with your dreams. With a little guidance and permission to explore, everyone can receive the messages and meanings that are accessible through dreamwork.
Dreamwork has been shown to help with:
- Problem Solving and
- Emotional Regulation
- Nightmares can be healed through therapeutic dreamwork, and
- Dreamwork has been shown to enhance overall emotional health and wellbeing.
- Some have also found that dreamwork can help resolve physical conditions by aiding in the diagnosis and treatment of everything from minor conditions, to chronic and serious diseases.
When people pay attention to and reflect on their dreams, they can integrate and harmonize disparate aspects of consciousness, thereby improving feelings of peace and well-being.
In dreamwork sessions we can work on any and all of the following:
- Improved dream recall
- Recurring dreams and recurring dream symbols
- Extraordinary dreams
- Lucid dreams
- Precognitive dreams
- Dreams of the deceased,
- And more.
We can also work on:
- Healthy sleep habits and insomnia.
- Using dreamwork to aid in the creative process and
- Using dreamwork to help with problem solving and decision making.
If you’re ready to sleep and dream better, book a dreamwork consultation with me and I’ll help you learn to take a mindful approach to bedtime, and discover the meaning and messages in your dreams to support you all day long.
My book The Mindful Approach to a Good Night’s Sleep is chock full of information and exercises to support you in sleeping and dreaming better. And it’s now available for pre-order!